Basic Skills Training & Certification
(ACCT LEVEL I)
This 40-hour program (5 days) provides the essential technical and facilitation skills for challenge course facilitation.
You will learn to use games, low course and high course activities to create meaningful experiences. Intended for all skill levels, educators, summer camp staff or those new to facilitation. Successfully completing this training prepares you to take the Level I Practitioner certification exam. The full day certification takes place on a separate day following the training.
- Learn how to implement an effective and fun adventure program using portable games, initiatives, and low and high challenge course elements.
- Discover the foundational concepts that make adventure learning meaningful by practicing models of choice, challenge and conduct.
- Quick overview of knots, appropriate use and maintenance of equipment, belay techniques and spotting.
- Access and egress of high elements (self-belayed climbing and self-lowering).
- Skills for conducting pre- and post- program inspections.
- Learn foundational skills to assist in high course rescue techniques.
- Understand how to implement emergency action plans.
- Study skills and concepts necessary to build healthy organizations and teams.
- Learn the basics of the brief/do/debrief model and how to process the experience.
COURSE LENGTH: 5 days (40 hours)
FORMAT: Hybrid, in-person & online
CERTIFICATION: 1 day (8 hours); certification lasts for 1 year
PREREQUISITE FOR CERT: attend 40 hours of training by qualified person.
- $725 (training, certification, meals and lodging)
- $575 (training only, meals and lodging)
- $150 (certification only, and lunch)
PRE-TRAINING COURSE WORK
There is pre-training coursework required; this information will be sent once you are registered.
The coursework must be completed prior to your arrival for training on the first day.